Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Dark Side of Crochet

Dramatic title for effect, lol. Maybe how crochet eats up yarn compared to knitting? XD

This is basically a post whining about crochet-related stuff I dislike, in no particular order:

Blocking. One of my WIPs is a skirt made up entirely of separate pieces, 16 pieces, in fact. It's driving me crazy figuring out how to get them all the same dimensions. I don't have any fancy stuff for blocking. I just bought a 10-pc set of those interlocking children's play mats and very ordinary pins. I'm thinking it's better to print a sort of guide but then I end up thinking of how exactly I can use it over and over, since I'm using wet blocking method (then drying it with my hair dryer, which is used for everything except actually drying hair, haha.) And the pins! They're ending up all decapitated, I'm running out fast.

Sewing. You know why I crochet? Because I cannot sew. I'm always sulky when I need to sew pieces together. I have lots of unfinished amigurumi, all parts completed except I lose all willpower when it's time to attach them. I power on with grim determination now that I'm mainly doing garments. But ugh, the pain and suffering every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment