Thursday, August 31, 2017

Yarnplosion!

(Late post is soooo late.)

I admit it - I have next to none self-control when yarns are up for grabs. =_= I also go on zombie buying spree, wherein I buy yarns and forget about them. How is that possible, you ask.

Try having only three working brain cells.

Anyway! On to the point of this post.

Last year, I ordered a bunch of Caron yarns from Yarnspirations (also weak to online discounts). After half a year of waiting, they finally arrived! (Why so long? It involves me being a cheap ass about shipping and putting my friend's relatives up to a great deal of hassle. I'm in their debt, yo.) My friend V brought it to the office in a sack, that was how bulky they were.


Caron Yarns

 The same week, I ordered from Crocheted by Carisse (the yarns I used for Crochet or Die! 2). I haven't tried their yarns before so I decided it was time. About the same time, Ashley's Crochet also opened their monthly yarn sale; I was eyeing a particular yarn gradient for Baba's set so even though I was supposed to be on yarn ban, I went ahead and played the mine game. In excess.


Yarns by Crocheted by Carisse


A few days after I received my yarns from Crocheted by Carisse, Ashley's Crochet notified me that my package has been shipped. So when I got home and they said I had a package, I excitedly opened it and was immediately bewildered when they weren't the yarns I was expecting.



Sugar Free Yarns


Whose yarns were those? Were they mistakenly sent to me? Did I perhaps win a yarn raffle without entering one? (LOL).

Once I was past my initial waaahwaaahwaaah stage, it was time for logic! Those were Sugar Free yarns. Huh. I checked Sugar Free's group and the last yarns I remembered ordering were not those. I set the mystery aside and ate.

As I was checking my email connected to my bank account, I noticed that I paid Sugar Free a few days earlier. And theeeen it hit me that I did order from before I ordered from Carisse.



No comments:

Post a Comment