Saturday, September 9, 2017

Crochet or Die 2: Doomed to Fail

The challenge was off to a decent start. I managed to finish the bust part within a few days, spent the weekend doing and re-doing the filler, started one part of the lower torso. crashed and burned pretty much after that.

A week's worth of work (I am a *very* slow crocheter); the point where I gave up

I normally crochet for an hour or two most days, maybe three hours when I couldn't sleep yet, with frequent breaks for reading or playing games or surfing the net. There are times when I zombie-crochet, though, not stopping until my arm or back aches.

For this project, I crocheted for a minimum of four hours everyday, with almost no break. I developed a callous on my palm.

A week of this and I got tired. I got bored. I couldn't sustain the focus necessary to get this thing done.

I failed. It's not an utter defeat, since even if I did not meet the major challenge of finishing the project on the specified date, I have been mostly successful at interpreting and following the charts.

Weeks after the deadline, I am chipping away at the dress. Since the dress is made up of several pieces, the matching up part frustrates me so. The pieces are of different sizes, with fillers to connect them.

I am determined to finish the dress, but not so keen on being hell-bent about it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment